Do you wonder why towels that you have recently purchased have discolored? I had a customer call today, with that very problem.
Discoloration can be caused by several different things,
- Bleach. Not talking about the Bleach that comes in the bottle that we add, but rather bleach added to the detergent.
- Fabric brighteners and color optimizers can also cause color problems
- Washing towels after washing a load of whites using bleach, can sometimes leave residue on the tub of the washer and transfer onto the towels
- Acne medications can affect color
- Products used to lightened hair can affect towel color
- Toothpaste with Whiteners (bleach) can affect the towel colors
Basically, we use a lot of products in our daily lives that could easily discolor our towels. Sometimes when we use one of these products and don’t get everything off our hands we end up tranferring to a towel when drying. Then when the towels are tossed in the laundry together chemicals transfer to other towels.
When this happens, there is nothing to do except live with the towels as they are or buy new ones.
Have other issues, forward them to us.